Student Research Assistant Positions
Build your portfolio as a research assistant at the Shorenstein Center. Research assistants receive $15/hour and are expected to work up to 10 hours/week.
Open positions are listed below:
Product Management and Society Research Assistant
Kathy Pham is a Shorenstein Fellow and Adjunct Lecturer at the Kennedy School of Government, teaching a class on Product Management and Society. Kathy is seeking a research assistant with analytical and organization skills to support the building of the Product Management and Society initiative. This initiative will focus on 1) building a community of product managers who work in all level of governments, non-profits, civic tech companies, and mission-focused companies 2) understanding and documenting the role and reporting structure of product managers across government 3) develop case studies for product management in government and 4) creation of a product management and society set of values.. The Research Assistant will have the opportunity be part of this first of its kind initiative, and build a community that currently does not yet exist.
Research Assistant Tasks:
- Conduct research on existing product management roles across government, non-profit, and mission-focused private sector
- Contribute to case studies and articles. The Research Assistant will be attributed for their work.
- Organize and manage lists of product managers in the community
- Support for any press engagement as needed
Qualities and skills:
- Analytical problem solver
- Self-motivator who takes the initiative on new ideas
- Interest or experience in product management
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
Open to all HKS students. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Questions? Contact Susan Mahoney, email@example.com