The Shorenstein Center provides up to $2,500 per year for student organizations, small groups, and individual students that are not directly affiliated with the Shorenstein Center to pursue activities that are in line with the center’s mission and research agenda.
- Individual HKS students (or undergraduate or graduate students affiliated with Harvard University)
- HKS Student Groups, Organizations, or PICs
- PhD students who are conducting work relevant to the Shorenstein Center
What funding requests are typically approved for?
- Hosting expenses related to workshops and conferences
- Conference registration fees
- Travel expenses for relevant conferences or events
The maximum amount of funding that the center provides per year to an individual student or student group is $2,500. The average amount granted per funding request ranges between $500-$1,500.
Reminder: If you are currently affiliated with the center as a research assistant, pre- or post-doc, or doctoral student, please submit your request through your faculty PI or staff manager.
We cannot reimburse for expenses that have already been incurred, except in very specific circumstances. Please reach out directly to Nicole Dillon if you would like to discuss the possibility of being reimbursed.