Joan Shorenstein Fellowship Application
- Applicants must be fluent in English – listening, reading, writing and speaking. Non-native English speakers must provide TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Fellows are in residence, full-time, for one semester (September through December or February through May).
- The applicant should not have participated in another fellowship within the past two years.
- Applications must be submitted on or before February 1.
Eligibility to apply
Must be a full-time journalist, politician, scholar or policymaker currently active in the field.
- Journalist: Reporter, editor, producer with a minimum of five years experience at a news organization (print, broadcast, Internet) immediately prior to submitting Fellowship application.
- Politician: Someone who has campaigned and been elected to a national or high-level state office.
- Scholar: Tenured or tenure-track professor in political science, political communication, journalism, international political communication with a strong record of book and journal publications. The applicant must be employed by a college, university or research institution for seven years or more.
- Policymaker: High-level official in a cabinet office or adviser to a candidate for national office. Minimum 10 years experience in equivalent role.
For more information contact Katie Miles: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 617-496-8636.