What Is the Fellowship?
The Joan Shorenstein Center offers a one-semester fellowship at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. Fellows are domestic or international journalists, scholars and/or policymakers who are interested in the influence of the press on public policy and politics.
The fellowships offer a unique opportunity for scholars and practitioners to share their knowledge and expertise in a collegial and intellectually stimulating environment. Fellows participate in weekly seminars with scholars, a luncheon speakers series with invited journalists or policymakers and in other organized programs of the Shorenstein Center and Harvard University. The Fellowship Program is not a degree or journalism training program.
The purpose of the Fellowship Program is to advance existing research in press/politics and to provide an opportunity for distinguished experts to reflect on their discipline. Our goal is to foster a collegial and intellectual environment that will enrich and complement one's knowledge of the field. The primary focus for a fellow in residence is a paper (approximately 15 pages in length) on a topic examining and analyzing the influence of the press on politics and public policy in the domestic or international arena.
- Applicants must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Applicants must be journalists, scholars or policymakers active in the field of press, politics and public policy.
- Fellows are required to live in residence for one semester (fall semester runs approximately September through December; spring semester runs approximately February through May).
- Domestic and international applicants are eligible.
- Stipend: $30,000 disbursed in four installments over the semester. Travel and living expenses are not covered by the Center.
- Office space, computer, printer and telephone are provided.
- All application materials must be received on or before FEBRUARY 1, 2013.
For more information contact Edith Holway: firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: 617-495-8269 | fax: 617-495-8696