Cornfield, Michael. The Internet and the 2000 Republican Convention: An Appraisal. 2000
Donsbach, Wolfgang, and Fiedler, Tom. Journalism School Curriculum Enrichment. 2008
Ellis, John. Nine Sundays: A Proposal for Better Presidential Campaign Coverage. 1991
Parker, Richard; Jeffrey Madrick; Robert E. Rubin; Franklin Raines; Robert E. Litan. Money, Markets & the News: Press Coverage of the Modern Revolution in Financial Institutions
Patterson, Thomas E. Creative Destruction: An Exploratory Look at News on the Internet. 2007.
Patterson, Thomas E. Diminishing Returns: A Comparison of the 1968 and 2000 Election Night Broadcasts. 2003.
Patterson, Thomas E. Eleven Recommendations for Improving Election Night Coverage. 2004.
Patterson, Thomas E. The Internet and the Threat It Poses to Local Media: Lessons from News in the Schools. 2007.
Patterson, Thomas E. Mandatory Testing and News in the Schools: Implications for Civic Education. 2007.
Patterson, Thomas E. Young People and News. 2007.
Shorenstein Center. Campaign Lessons for '92. 1991.
Shorenstein Center. Turmoil at Tiananmen: A Study of U.S. Press Coverage of the Beijing Spring of 1989. 1992
Shorenstein Center and the Project for Excellence in Journalism. Character and the Primaries of 2008. 2008
Shorenstein Center and the Project for Excellence in Journalism. The Invisible Primary — Invisible No Longer. 2008
- Matthew C. Nisbet: Nature’s Prophet: Bill McKibben as Journalist, Public Intellectual and Activist. 2013
- Tara McKelvey: Media Coverage of the Drone Program. 2013
- Joshua Partlow: Podium Wars: President Hamid Karzai, the Foreign Press, and the Afghan War. 2013
- Nina Easton: Rebelling Against the Rich: Lessons from the media’s coverage of the 1% divide. 2012
- Nazila Fathi: Dispatches From an Unfinished Uprising: The Role of Technology in the 2009 Iranian Protest Movement. 2012
- H.D.S. Greenway: Anatomy of a Secret. 2012
- Vivek Kundra: Digital Fuel of the 21st Century: Innovation through Open Data and the Network Effect. 2012