Cornfield, Michael. The Internet and the 2000 Republican Convention: An Appraisal. 2000
Donsbach, Wolfgang, and Fiedler, Tom. Journalism School Curriculum Enrichment. 2008
Ellis, John. Nine Sundays: A Proposal for Better Presidential Campaign Coverage. 1991
Parker, Richard; Jeffrey Madrick; Robert E. Rubin; Franklin Raines; Robert E. Litan. Money, Markets & the News: Press Coverage of the Modern Revolution in Financial Institutions
Patterson, Thomas E. Creative Destruction: An Exploratory Look at News on the Internet. 2007.
Patterson, Thomas E. Diminishing Returns: A Comparison of the 1968 and 2000 Election Night Broadcasts. 2003.
Patterson, Thomas E. Eleven Recommendations for Improving Election Night Coverage. 2004.
Patterson, Thomas E. The Internet and the Threat It Poses to Local Media: Lessons from News in the Schools. 2007.
Patterson, Thomas E. Mandatory Testing and News in the Schools: Implications for Civic Education. 2007.
Patterson, Thomas E. Young People and News. 2007.
Shorenstein Center. Campaign Lessons for '92. 1991.
Shorenstein Center. Turmoil at Tiananmen: A Study of U.S. Press Coverage of the Beijing Spring of 1989. 1992
Shorenstein Center and the Project for Excellence in Journalism. Character and the Primaries of 2008. 2008
Shorenstein Center and the Project for Excellence in Journalism. The Invisible Primary — Invisible No Longer. 2008
- Jill Dougherty: Everyone Lies: The Ukraine Conflict and Russia’s Media Transformation. 2014
- Steve Oney: The Philosopher King and the Creation of NPR. 2014
- Stefan Theil: The Media and Markets: How Systematic Misreporting Inflates Bubbles, Deepens Downturns and Distorts Economic Reality. 2014
- John Wihbey: The Challenges of Democratizing News and Information: Examining Data on Social Media, Viral Patterns and Digital Influence. 2014
- Jeffrey Hermes, John Wihbey, Reynol Junco and Osman Tolga Aricak: Who Gets a Press Pass? Media Credentialing Practices in the United States. 2014
- Michael Copps: A Letter to Journalists from a Former FCC Commissioner. 2014
- Lee Aitken: The Campaign Casino: Elections Have Become a Get-Rich-Quick Scheme, and the Press Is Missing the Story. 2014