Scott, Esther. Al Gore and the "Embellishment" Issue: Press Coverage of the Gore Presidential Campaign. 2003.
Scott, Esther. Crossing the Line: Don Imus and the Rutgers Women's Basketball Team. 2008.
Scott, Esther. The Story after the Story: The Los Angeles Times' Coverage of Arnold Schwarzenegger. 2005.
Scott, Esther. Reporting in the "Fog of War": The Story of Jessica Lynch. 2004.
- Michael Copps: A Letter to Journalists from a Former FCC Commissioner. 2014
- Lee Aitken: The Campaign Casino: Elections Have Become a Get-Rich-Quick Scheme, and the Press Is Missing the Story. 2014
- Michael Slaby: Mapping the New World: Lessons from the Obama Campaigns. 2013
- John Huey, Martin Nisenholtz, Paul Sagan: Riptide: What Really Happened to the News Business. 2013
- Peter Hamby: Did Twitter Kill the Boys on the Bus? Searching for a better way to cover a campaign. 2013
- Melinda Henneberger: Mom’s Best Advice: How Candidates Who Didn’t Run as Themselves Lost the Message War. 2013
- Matthew C. Nisbet: Nature’s Prophet: Bill McKibben as Journalist, Public Intellectual and Activist. 2013
- Tara McKelvey: Media Coverage of the Drone Program. 2013
- Joshua Partlow: Podium Wars: President Hamid Karzai, the Foreign Press, and the Afghan War. 2013